QuarkNet offers summer research opportunities in science and technology for students who have demonstrated a strong interest in and aptitude for science and mathematics. Students work with scientists for six weeks on projects related to the Fermilab research program.
- High school sophomores, juniors and seniors when applying. Juniors with experience programming computers or working with mechanical or electrical systems are encouraged to apply.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
- Evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Work authorization if under 16 years of age
- Proof of medical insurance
- Online application
- Supplemental questionnaire
- One letter of recommendation
- Entrance and exit surveys
- Team research abstract
- Oral presentation