The TARGET Program is a highly competitive, paid, six-week summer internship opportunity for Illinois high school sophomores and juniors who have strong interest and demonstrated aptitude for physics, mathematics, computer science and engineering.The program’s design combines both work and hands-on experiential learning.
TARGET encourages high school students to undertake college study and pursue careers in STEM disciplines. Increasing the number of minorities (Black, Hispanic/Latino, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Alaska Native/American Indian) and women in science, engineering, and computer science is a program priority.
Annually, the TARGET Program cohort is approximately 15-25 interns.
- 2017-2018 high school sophomores and juniors
- Illinois high school enrollment
- 3.0 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Online application
- Supplemental questionnaire
- Unofficial transcript
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Application Period: December 17, 2018-February 1, 2019
- Program Dates: June 24-August 2, 2019
- Acceptance Date: May 2, 2019
- Salary: $12.50 per hour
- Housing: Not provided or arranged by program.
- Transportation: Not provided or arranged by program.
- Oral presentation