A Fermilab VetTech is a military veteran intern who provides routine technical support for an assigned experiment or support group. The program assumes apprenticeship level expertise, general military experience and/or knowledge based on academic study.
The technician-intern may fabricate, assemble, calibrate, operate, test, repair or modify a variety of electronic or mechanical equipment, systems, devices or databases. The intern may also work in information technology or perform environmental, safety and health duties, including environmental, waste water disposal and radiological surveys. A VetTech works under the direct supervision of a Fermilab employee.
- Military experience
- Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Online application
- Unofficial transcript
- Application Period: October 15, 2018-February 18, 2019
- Program Dates: June 3-August 9, 2019
- Acceptance Date: April 2019
- Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Housing: Not provided or arranged by program.
- Transportation: Not provided or arranged by program.
- Complete a 10-week program under supervision of Fermilab employee