Laboratory expectations of all interns
- Report for work for the hours agreed upon with the supervisor. Interns work forty (40)
- Perform duties as specified by the supervisor.
- Responsible and professional personal conduct.
- Track hours worked accurately using the Kronos time reporting system. Report time worked each Friday by 4:00pm.
- Contact your supervisor and TADI Office (Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Inclusion) to report any situation that prevents you from completing work or absence from work.
- Respond promptly to supervisor, program leader, or TADI e-mail or voice mail messages.
- Meet weekly with program mentors.
- Attend Undergraduate Summer Lecture Series
- Attend virtual laboratory tours organized for summer interns.
- Complete written and oral program deliverables
Summer Internships In Science and Technology (SIST)
Graduate Fellowship in Engineering and Science for Minorities (GEM)
Community College Internships (CCI)
Summer Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI)
Activities (Meetings on Wednesday at 2:00pm CST)
Welcome and first meeting with mentors
Meeting – Overview of the program
Intern Project summary (2 slides)
Meet a scientist – Standard Model
Meet a scientist – Dark Matter
Meeting to discuss research project progress
Meet a scientist – Precision Physics
Meet a scientist – Back to the future!! Nuclear QM
Paper submission and peer review
Neutrino Seminars (Thursdays at 1:00pm CST)
NINJA Experiment at J-PARC
Neutrinos and nonproliferation
Visiting Faculty Program (VFP) and Students