Computing internship program for graduate students majoring in computer science and related fields who are interested in working at a national science research laboratory. While providing an opportunity to gain understanding and experience of Fermilab’s computing for high energy physics, interns will assist with laboratory R&D efforts to explore and enable the use of state-of-the-art tools and technology for the benefit of the science community.
- Enrollment in a U.S. college or university in computer science or related graduate program
- 3.0 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Online application. Application cannot be edited once submitted, please have all materials ready at time of applying.
- Unofficial transcript (Please upload under resume section)
- Application Period: Jan 31, 2023 – Feb 24, 2023
- Program Dates: June 5 – Sep 1, 2023
- Acceptance Date: March 31, 2023
- Salary: Depending on academic year
- Master (year 1) – $1000 per 40-hour workweek
- Master (year 2) – $1050 per 40-hour workweek
- PhD – $1100 per 40-hour workweek
- Housing: Arranged and partially subsidized by the program.
- Transportation: Paid round-trip airfare, or mileage reimbursement if permanent address is more than 50 miles from laboratory
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation