Computing internship program for graduate students majoring in computer science and related fields who are interested in working at a national science research laboratory. While providing an opportunity to gain understanding and experience of Fermilab’s computing for high energy physics, interns will assist with laboratory R&D efforts to explore and enable the use of state-of-the-art tools and technology for the benefit of the science community.
- Enrollment in a U.S. college or university in computer science or related graduate program
- 3.0 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale
- Eligible to work in the United States
Before you apply, please have all your requirements ready. Once you submit the application you will no longer have access and will not be able to upload any missing requirements.
- Online application – Application Walkthrough Video Guide
- Unofficial transcript
- Application Period: September 19, 2023 – January 4, 2024
- Program Dates: May 27, 2024 – August 16, 2024
- Offer Date: February 15, 2024
- Acceptance Date: February 22, 2024
- Salary: Depending on academic year
- Master (year 1) – $1000 per 40-hour workweek
- Master (year 2) – $1050 per 40-hour workweek
- PhD – $1100 per 40-hour workweek
- Housing: Arranged and partially subsidized by the program.
- Transportation: Paid round-trip airfare, or mileage reimbursement if permanent address is more than 50 miles from laboratory
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation
September 19, 2023 – January 4, 2024
May 27, 2024 – August 16, 2024
Application is Open
To be considered for the internship you must upload all Requirements under the Internship Documentation section before you submit the application.