Computing internship program for graduate students majoring in computer science and related fields who are interested in working at a national science research laboratory. While providing an opportunity to gain understanding and experience of Fermilab’s computing for high energy physics, interns will assist with laboratory R&D efforts to explore and enable the use of state-of-the-art tools and technology for the benefit of the science community.
- Enrollment in a U.S. college or university in computer science or related graduate program
- 3.0 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale
- Eligible to work in the United States
Before you apply, please have all your requirements ready. Once you submit the application you will no longer have access and will not be able to upload any missing requirements.
- Online application.
- Unofficial transcript
- Application Period: Feb 1, 2023 – Feb 24, 2023
- Program Dates: June 5 – Sep 1, 2023
- Acceptance Date: April 21, 2023
- Salary: Depending on academic year
- Master (year 1) – $1000 per 40-hour workweek
- Master (year 2) – $1050 per 40-hour workweek
- PhD – $1100 per 40-hour workweek
- Housing: Arranged and partially subsidized by the program.
- Transportation: Paid round-trip airfare, or mileage reimbursement if permanent address is more than 50 miles from laboratory
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation