A LBNF/DUNE in South Dakota FSCF intern is an undergraduate engineering student majoring in mining and related fields who is interested in working at a major underground construction project. Eligible students must be enrolled in a four-year college and university in the United States. While providing an opportunity to the student to gain understanding and experience of underground excavation, construction, and management, the intern will assist the Long-Baseline Neutrino Facility (LBNF), Far Site Conventional Facilities (FSCF) project with overseeing and documenting construction progress and supporting procurement and management activities. The selected candidate(s) will work directly under the mentorship of a LBNF FSCF employee.
The position(s) will provide an opportunity to work on exciting projects in the field including, but not limited to, drill and blast excavation, ground support installation, shotcrete and concrete construction, ventilation design and layout, and other aspects of underground construction
Intern(s) would be based at the Sanford Lab in Lead, SD.
- Undergraduate sophomore or junior at time of application
- 4-year U.S. college or university enrollment
- 3.0 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale
- Eligible to work in the United States
Before you apply, please have all your requirements ready. Once you submit the application you will no longer have access and will not be able to upload any missing requirements.
- Online application – Application Walkthrough Video Guide
- Unofficial transcript (upload under the Resume Section)
- Brief (~200 words) statement on why you’re interested in this internship (Upload under the Resume Section)
- Application Period: September 25, 2023 – February 23, 2024
- Program Dates: May 20, 2024 – August 9, 2024
- Offer Date: March 8, 2024
- Acceptance Date: March 15, 2024
- Salary: $20/hr.
- Transportation: Not provided
- Housing: Not provided, however arrangements have been made with Black Hills State University in Spearfish, SD for housing at an affordable rate.
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation