Fermilab’s TRAC program provides outstanding science, mathematics, computer science and technology teachers with professional summer research experiences in science, engineering or technology. Increased teacher awareness and understanding of cutting-edge science and technology is then transferred to the classroom. Teachers are assigned Fermilab mentors and jobs that best match their skills and interests.
- Full-time 8-12th grade public, private or parochial schoolteachers with primary teaching assignments in science, math, computer science or technology education. Teachers must be assigned a full-time teaching load during the academic years prior to and following the TRAC appointment.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
- Evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Proof of medical insurance
Before you apply, please have all your requirements ready. Once you submit the application you will no longer have access and will not be able to upload any missing requirements.
- Online application
- Contact information for two references
- (Once you submit your application you will receive an email request to provide reference contact information. Once you provide the info we will email a link to your reference to upload the letter of recommendation)
- Supplemental questionnaire
- Program Dates: 8 weeks during summer 2023 – Subject to school schedule
- Application Period: January 10, 2023 – February 26, 2023
- Acceptance Period: March 2023
- Salary: $1120/week ($28/hr for 40 hours)
- Housing: There is no housing provided.
- Transportation: There is no transportation provided.
- Presentation of program work
- Exit survey
8 weeks/Summer 2023 – Subject to school schedule
January 10, 2023 – February 26, 2023
Application is Closed
To be considered for the internship you must upload all Requirements under the Resume section before you submit the application.