Fermilab’s TRAC program provides outstanding science, mathematics, computer science and technology teachers with professional summer research experiences in science, engineering or technology. Increased teacher awareness and understanding of cutting-edge science and technology is then transferred to the classroom. Teachers are assigned Fermilab mentors and jobs that best match their skills and interests.
- Full-time 7th-12th grade public, private or parochial school teachers with primary teaching assignments in science, math, computer science or technology education. Teachers must be assigned a full-time teaching load during the academic years prior to and following the TRAC appointment.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
- Evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Proof of medical insurance
- Online application
- Contact information for two references
- Supplemental questionnaire
- Program Dates: 2022 Program – CANCELLED
- Application Period:
- Acceptance Period:
- Presentation of program work
- Exit survey