Established in 1991, the Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE CSGF) provides outstanding benefits and opportunities to students pursuing doctoral degrees in fields that use high-performance computing to solve complex science and engineering problems.
The program fosters a community of energetic and committed Ph.D. students, alumni, DOE laboratory staff and other scientists who want to have an impact on the nation while advancing their research. Fellows come from diverse scientific and engineering disciplines but share a common interest in using computing in their research.
- Undergraduate seniors
- B.S. or B.A. degree and not enrolled in graduate school
- First-year graduate student (M.S. degree or Ph.D. students without M.S. degree)
- Enrolled M.S. degree students beyond first year with planned full-time, uninterrupted study toward a Ph.D. at: 1) a different academic institution, OR 2) in a different academic department
- M.S. degree not currently enrolled and not enrolled in graduate school for two years prior to resuming graduate studies.
- First-year Ph.D. with an M.S. degree provided 1) completion of M.S. degree within two years at a different academic institution, 2) completion of M.S. degree within two years in a different academic department, OR 3) prior to current enrollment, not enrolled in graduate school for at least two years.
- Online application
- Official transcript
- Program of study
- Permanent Resident Alien card – copy of front and back
Open for Fall 2023 & Summer 2024 Attendance
Fellowship Application Open
Application is Open
Fill out the online application, and be prepared to present any other application requirements.