GEM recruits high-quality underrepresented students looking to pursue masters and doctoral degrees in applied science and engineering. As a GEM employer, Fermilab supports and encourages matriculation through scientific, engineering, computing and environmental internships, coaching and mentoring.
- Member of community underrepresented in STEM: American Indian/Native, African American/Black, Hispanic American/Latino
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident at time of application
- Master’s program – Minimum undergraduate GPA 2.8/4.0
- Doctoral program – Minimum master’s GPA 3.0/4.0
- Register with eGEM
- Online application
- Submit official transcripts (if selected)
- Application Period: June 27- November 15, 2021
- Program Dates: May 23 – August 12, 2022
- Acceptance Date: April 2022
. Master (year 1): $1000.00 per 40-hour workweek
. Master (year 2): $1050.00 per 40-hour workweek
. PhD: $1100 per 40-hour workweek
- Housing: Arranged housing partially subsidized by program.
- Transportation: Paid round-trip airfare, or mileage reimbursement if permanent address is more than 50 miles from host laboratory.
- Presentation abstract (150 words)
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation
- Written research project report