The TARGET Program is a highly competitive, paid, six-week summer internship opportunity for Illinois high school sophomores and juniors who have a strong interest and demonstrated an aptitude for physics, mathematics, computer science, and engineering. The program’s design combines both work and hands-on experiential learning.
TARGET encourages high school students to undertake college study and pursue careers in STEM disciplines. Increasing the number of minorities (Black, Hispanic/Latino, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Alaska Native/American Indian) and women in science, engineering, and computer science is a program priority.
Annually, the TARGET Program cohort is approximately 15-25 interns.
Questions? View our TARGET FAQ link
- 2019-2020 high school sophomores and juniors (at time of application, the student must be a Sophomore or Junior).
- Illinois high school enrollment
- 3.0 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Online application and questionnaire
- Unofficial transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application Period:
- Program Dates: June 28 – August 6, 2021
- Acceptance Date: April 2021
- Salary: $12.50
- Oral presentation