The TARGET Program is a highly competitive, paid, six-week summer internship opportunity for Illinois high school sophomores and juniors who have a strong interest and demonstrated an aptitude for physics, mathematics, computer science, and engineering. The program’s design combines both work and hands-on experiential learning.
TARGET encourages high school students to undertake college study and pursue careers in STEM disciplines. Increasing the number of minorities (Black, Hispanic/Latino, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Alaska Native/American Indian) and women in science, engineering, and computer science is a program priority.
Annually, the TARGET Program cohort is approximately 15-25 interns.
Questions? View our TARGET FAQ link
- 2018-2019 high school sophomores and juniors
- Illinois high school enrollment
- 3.0 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Online application
- Unofficial transcript
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Application Period: December 16, 2019-January 31, 2020
- Program Dates: June 22-July 31, 2020
- Acceptance Date: May 1, 2020
- Salary: $12.50 per hour
- Housing: Not provided or arranged by program.
- Transportation: Not provided or arranged by program.
- Oral presentation