Undergraduate Cooperative Education students work alongside world-class scientists and engineers. The program supports a theory-practice model of learning, in which students apply what they learn at their home institutions to cutting-edge experiments and projects vital to Fermilab’s scientific mission.
Students majoring in the following disciplines are encouraged to apply:
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Computer science
- Environment, safety and health
- Finance and accounting
- Project management
- Human resources
- Full-time undergraduate enrollment in a 4-year program at a U.S. college or university for the duration of program participation
- Registered in academic institution’s cooperative education program
- Sophomore academic standing
- 18 years of age at time of employment
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Proof of health insurance
- Commitment to completing a minimum of three semesters or four quarters of work at Fermilab with alternating periods of full-time study
- Online application
- Unofficial transcript (Please submit under resume section)
- Proposed Cooperative Education schedule (required at time of application submission) (Please submit under resume section)
- Oral and written work products
12/15/22 – 2/24/23
Ready to apply?
There are currently two open applications for a Co-Op student!
Fill out the online application, and be prepared to present any other application requirements.
Apply for Mech Eng Co-Op