Undergraduate Cooperative Education students work alongside world-class scientists and engineers. The program supports a theory-practice model of learning, in which students apply what they learn at their home institutions to cutting-edge experiments and projects vital to Fermilab’s scientific mission.
Students majoring in the following disciplines are encouraged to apply:
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Computer science
- Environment, safety and health
- Finance and accounting
- Project management
- Human resources
- Full-time undergraduate enrollment in a 4-year program at a U.S. college or university for the duration of program participation
- Registered in academic institution’s cooperative education program
- Sophomore academic standing
- 18 years of age at time of employment
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Proof of health insurance
- Commitment to completing a minimum of three semesters or four quarters of work at Fermilab with alternating periods of full-time study
Before you apply, please have all your requirements ready. Once you submit the application you will no longer have access and will not be able to upload any missing requirements.
- Online application
- Unofficial transcript
- Proposed Cooperative Education schedule (required at time of application submission)
- Oral and written work products
Application is Closed
To be considered for the internship you must upload all Requirements under the Internship Documentation section before you submit the application.