Sponsored by the Department of Energy Office of Science, SULI places undergraduate physics or engineering majors in paid 10-week summer internships at Fermilab. These internships offer a chance for students to work with Fermilab scientists or engineers on a project at the frontier of scientific research in particle physics.
- Full-time undergraduate enrollment at an accredited institution and completion of at least one year as a matriculating undergraduate
- Undergraduate cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- 18 years of age
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- High school diploma or certificate of General Education Development (GED)
- May participate in the SULI program twice and can apply to the SULI program a maximum of three times.
- Online application
- Unofficial transcript
- Two letters of Recommendation
- Application Period: March 16, 2022- May 26, 2022 5:00PM (ET)
- Program Dates: Aug 22, 2022 – Dec 9, 2022
- Acceptance Date: TBD
- Salary: $650.00 per week
- Housing: Housing allowance provided
- Transportation: Paid round-trip airfare, or mileage reimbursement if permanent address is more than 50 miles from host laboratory.
- Entrance and exit surveys
- Poster presentation
- Research abstract
- 1,500-3,000 Research project report
- One-page peer review of another SULI intern’s poster or oral presentation
Fall: Aug 22, 2022 – Dec 9, 2022
Summer: June 6, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
*This internship will be either virtual or in-person. Will be decided closer to the internship start date.
Ready to apply?
Fill out the online application, and be prepared to present any other application requirements.