The Division of Mathematical Sciences at the National Science Foundation supports summer internships for graduate students in mathematics, applied mathematics, and statistics at U.S. facilities, including national laboratories. The internships introduce students to applications of mathematics outside of academia. The internships are intended for doctoral students who plan to pursue a career in and outside academia.
- Full-time graduate enrollment in a U.S. college or university
- Pursuing a doctoral degree in mathematics, statistics or applied mathematics
- Cumulative graduate GPA of 3.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Proof of citizenship or immigration status
- Proof of health insurance
- Online application. Application cannot be edited once submitted, please have all materials ready at time of applying.
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Proof of full-time graduate enrollment
- Two reference letters
- Written research report
- Poster and oral presentation
- Exit survey