A Fermilab VetTech is a military veteran intern who provides routine technical support for an assigned experiment or support group. The program assumes apprenticeship level expertise, general military experience and/or knowledge-based on academic study.
The technician-intern may fabricate, assemble, calibrate, operate, test, repair or modify a variety of electronic or mechanical equipment, systems, devices or databases. The intern may also work in information technology, procurement or perform environmental, safety and health duties, including environmental, wastewater disposal and radiological surveys. A VetTech works under the direct supervision of a Fermilab employee.
- Military experience
- Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Online application
- Discharge Papers
- Unofficial transcript (optional)
- Application Period: December 4, 2020 – March 2, 2021
- Program Dates: June 7 – August 13, 2021
- Acceptance Date: May 2021
- Complete a 10-week program under the supervision of Fermilab employee