The Office of Science Graduate Student Research program provides supplemental funds for graduate awardees to conduct part of their thesis research at a host DOE laboratory or facility in collaboration with a DOE laboratory scientist within a defined award period. Collaborating DOE laboratory scientists may be from any of the participating DOE national laboratories or facilities.
The award period for the proposed research project at DOE laboratories/facilities may range from 3 to 12 consecutive months.
- Minimum age and U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Academic status
- Enrollment in a qualified graduate program
- Graduate research aligned with DOE Office of Science Research Programs
- Establishment of a collaborating DOE laboratory scientist
- Online application
- SCGSR research proposal
- Official graduate transcripts
- Proof of Ph.D. candidacy
- Two letters of support
- Written research report
February 9 – May 4, 2022
Flexible Start Dates
Earliest Start Date: Nov 14, 2022
Latest Start Date: March 6, 2023
Ready to Apply
Fill out the online application, and be prepared to present any other application requirements.