The Office of Science Graduate Student Research program provides supplemental funds for graduate awardees to conduct part of their thesis research at a host DOE laboratory or facility in collaboration with a DOE laboratory scientist within a defined award period. Collaborating DOE laboratory scientists may be from any of the participating DOE national laboratories or facilities.
The award period for the proposed research project at DOE laboratories/facilities may range from 3 to 12 consecutive months.
- Minimum age and U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Academic status
- Enrollment in a qualified graduate program
- Graduate research aligned with DOE Office of Science Research Programs
- Establishment of a collaborating DOE laboratory scientist
- Online application. Application cannot be edited once submitted, please have all materials ready at time of applying.
- SCGSR research proposal
- Official graduate transcripts
- Proof of Ph.D. candidacy
- Two letters of support
- Written research report
August 17 – Nov 9, 2022 5:00pm ET
Flexible Start Dates
Earliest Start Date: June 12, 2023
Latest Start Date: October 2, 2023
Ready to Apply
Fill out the online application, and be prepared to present any other application requirements.