CCI provides community college students with 10-week summer technical training experiences. Students work with scientists and engineers on instrumentation, technology, and computing projects related to Fermilab’s research programs.
CCI is sponsored by the Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
- Current, full-time community college enrollment
- Completion of at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology course
- Overall completion of at least 12 credits hours
- 3.0 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale
- At least 18 years of age
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
- Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Students may participate in the CCI program twice and can apply to the CCI program a maximum of three times.
- Online application
- Unofficial transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation (Due date is application close date).
- 2024 Spring Application Period: July 12 – October 4, 2023, at 5pm ET
- 2024 Spring Acceptance Date: October 19 – December 18, 2023
- 2024 Spring Program Dates: January 8, 2024 – April 26, 2024
- 2024 Summer Application Period: October 17, 2023 – January 9, 2024 at 5pm ET
- 2024 Summer Acceptance Date: April 8, 2024
- 2024 Summer Program Date: June 3, 2024 – August 9, 2024
- Salary: $650.00 per week
- Housing: Housing allowance provided. Housing will be arranged only if the internship is held onsite.
- Transportation: Paid round-trip airfare, or mileage reimbursement if permanent address is more than 50 miles from host laboratory.
- Entrance and exit surveys
- Poster presentation
2024 Spring Program Dates: January 8, 2024 – April 26, 2024
2024 Summer Program Date: June 3, 2024 – August 9, 2024
Application is Open
Fill out the online application, and be prepared to present any other application requirements.