CCI provides community college students with 10-week summer technical training experiences. Students work with scientists and engineers on instrumentation, technology, and computing projects related to Fermilab’s research programs.
CCI is sponsored by the Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
- Current, full-time community college enrollment
- Completion of at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology course
- Overall completion of at least 12 credits hours
- 3.0 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale
- At least 18 years of age
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
- Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Students may participate in the CCI program twice and can apply to the CCI program a maximum of three times.
- Online application
- Unofficial transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application Period: October 18, 2022 – January 10, 2023 at 5pm ET
- Program Dates: June 5, 2023 – August 11, 2023
- Acceptance Date: February 1 – April 10, 2023
- Salary: $650.00 per week
- Housing: Arranged and housing allowance will be provide. Housing will only be provided if the internship will be held on-site
- Transportation: Paid round-trip airfare, or mileage reimbursement if permanent address is more than 50 miles from host laboratory.
- Entrance and exit surveys
- Poster presentation
October 18, 2022 – January 10, 2023 at 5pm ET
Summer: June 5, 2023 – August 11, 2023
*This internship will be either virtual or in-person. Will be decided closer to the internship start date.
Ready to apply?
Fill out the online application, and be prepared to present any other application requirements.