CCI provides community college students with 10-week summer technical training experiences. Students work with scientists and engineers on instrumentation, technology, and computing projects related to Fermilab’s research programs.
CCI is sponsored by the Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
- Current, full-time community college enrollment
- Completion of at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology course
- Overall completion of at least 12 credits hours
- 3.0 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale
- At least 18 years of age
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
- Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Students may participate in the CCI program twice and can apply to the CCI program a maximum of three times.
- Online application
- Unofficial transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application Period: October 20, 2020 – January 12, 2021
- Program Dates: June 7 – August 13, 2021
- Acceptance Date: March 2021
- Salary: $600.00 per week
- Housing: Housing is arranged and paid by host laboratory.
- Transportation: Paid round-trip airfare, or mileage reimbursement if permanent address is more than 50 miles from host laboratory.
- Entrance and exit surveys
- Poster presentation