Fermilab QIS Summer Institute for K-12 STEM Educators is an opportunity for K-12 STEM Educators to receive content training in the rapidly expanding field of Quantum Information Science (QIS). Educators will work with scientific and technical staff, tour world-class facilities, while developing grade-level appropriate QIS curricula to implement in their school districts and share at national conferences. Educators in the cohort will receive up to $5,000 to purchase classroom materials to facilitate curriculum implementation, mileage reimbursement, dependent care reimbursement, and a weekly stipend for their work. In addition, a stipend for the 2023-2024 school year to participate in cohort meetings and paid travel to national conferences to share the work of the program is also included.
- K-12 STEM Educator
- U.S. citizen and
- Evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Applicants working with students from groups historically and contemporarily underrepresented in STEM and underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please have all your requirements ready. Once you submit the application you will no longer have access and will not be able to upload any missing requirements.
- Online application
- Supplemental questionnaire
- Program Dates: July 10 – August 4, 2023
- Application Period: March 1 – March 31, 2023
- Acceptance Period: April 15, 2023
- Salary: $1400.00 weekly, an additional $1500 during the 2023-2024 school year.
- Mileage reimbursement for travel to and from the lab
- Up to $5,000 in funding for classroom materials
- Paid travel to national conferences for the 2023-2024 school year
- QIS Curriculum
- Presentation of Program Work
- Pre and post surveys
- Post-summer program meeting attendance