The Fermilab Business Intern Program provides opportunities for business, accounting, economics, policy, and computer science students to contribute to Fermilab’s scientific mission by supporting general business operations for the laboratory as well as working on projects in business systems, accounting, and information technology.
Positions will be assigned to various business organizations including Budget, Controller, Compliance, Systems and Procurement.
The program will be organized as a cohort of between 2 and 8 positions. The business intern cohort will work cross-functionally as a member of an assigned team on a variety of potential projects.
The position will involve projects of varying levels of complexity based on experience and interest including data and financial analysis, accounting transaction processing, website design, server and database support and development, process mapping and documentation, business tool development, and various other ad hoc administrative duties.
- Junior and Senior undergraduate and master’s degree students obtaining relevant business degrees from local colleges and universities or recently graduated
- Undergraduate cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)/3.5 (5.0 scale) or greater
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have US Work Authorization
To be successful in this position you will bring:
- Some college level course work in business administration, accounting, finance, policy, or management information systems.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task and complete assignments.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with other department and laboratory personnel.
- Possess basic understanding of business processes and accounting fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others and provide excellent service to customers in a professional, respectful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to research, reach out to others to gather information, and come up with solutions/suggestions for problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to perform work accurately.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
Before you apply, please have all your requirements ready. Once you submit the application you will no longer have access and will not be able to upload any missing requirements.
- Online application. – Application Walkthrough Video Guide
- Unofficial transcript
- Essay Guideline: Please write short (< 200-word) response to the following question:
- What do you hope to get out of this internship experience?
- Application Period: August 28 – October 16, 2023
- Program Dates: flexible start; January 15 – May 24, 2024 (Approximately)
- Salary: Salary dependent upon grade level
- Undergrad Junior: $23.00 per hour
- Undergrad Senior: $25.00 per hour
- Master (year 1): $1000.00 per 40-hour workweek
- Master (year 2): $1050.00 per 40-hour workweek
- No Housing or transportation will be provided
- The program is expected to require on-site presence; however, flexibility will be allowed for a hybrid arrangement depending upon individual assignment constraints and intern circumstances.
- Entrance and exit surveys
August 28 – October 16, 2023
flexible start; January 15 – May 24, 2024 (Approximately)
Application is Open
To be considered for the internship you must upload all Requirements under the Internship Documentation section before you submit the application.