QuarkNet offers summer research opportunities in science and technology for students who have demonstrated a strong interest in and aptitude for science and mathematics. Students work with scientists for six weeks on projects related to the Fermilab research program.
- High school sophomores, juniors and seniors when applying. Juniors with experience programming computers or working with mechanical or electrical systems are encouraged to apply.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
- Evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Work authorization if under 16 years of age
- Proof of medical insurance
- Online application
- Supplemental questionnaire
- One letter of recommendation
- Application Period: March 18-April 5, 2019
- Program Dates: June 10-July 19, 2019
- Acceptance Date: May 7, 2019
- Salary: $8.75 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
- Transportation: Interns are responsible for travel to and from Fermilab.
- Entrance and exit surveys
- Team research abstract
- Oral presentation