Each year the Italian Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN), the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and the Cultural Association of Italians at Fermilab (CAIF) offer highly motivated physics and engineering university students and recent graduates nine-week summer research internships in science, engineering and technology. Students work with scientists or engineers on projects related to Fermilab’s research program or in similar programs at similar U.S. institutions. Students also participate in career planning and numerous training and informational sessions.
For more information: Fermilab Summer School.html
- At least 21 years of age
- No nationality requirement; non-Italian students may apply.
Bachelor degree in physics, engineering, or computing.
- Conversational and written English fluency
- Evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Non-US citizens will usually require a visa to be eligible to work. Once accepted to the program, Fermilab’s Visa Office will assist with obtaining the appropriate United States visa.
- Proof of medical insurance while at Fermilab
- Online application
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent
- Reference letter
- Application Period: TBD
- Program Dates: July 29, 2024 – September 27, 2024
- Acceptance Period: May 10, 2024
- Salary: $17.20 per hour, 40 hours per week, paid weekly
- Housing: Rooms in the Fermilab dorms or in hotels close to the lab are provided
- Transportation: Shared rental cars
- Two oral presentations
- Written report