Each year the Italian Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN), the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Scuola Superiore Sant’ Anna (SSSA), the Italian Scientists and Scholars in North America Foundation (ISSNAF), and the Cultural Association of Italians at Fermilab (CAIF) offer highly motivated Italian physics and engineering university students nine-week summer research internships in science, engineering and technology. Students work with scientists or engineers on projects related to Fermilab’s research program or in similar programs at similar U.S. institutions. Students also participate in career planning and numerous training and informational sessions.
For more information: Fermilab Summer School.html
- At least 21 years of age
- No nationality requirement; non-Italian students may apply.
- Graduate physics or engineering degree Laurea Triennale
- Evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Proof of medical insurance
- Online application
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent
- Reference letter
- Application Period:
- Program Dates: 2020 program cancelled
- Acceptance Period:
- Two oral presentations
- Written report