The Fermilab Office of Communication science writing internship provides the opportunity to write for Fermilab’s online publications, including press releases and feature articles. Jointly with SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Fermilab also publishes Symmetry, an online magazine about the science, people and culture of particle physics.
Interns may also write for other laboratory publications and Fermilab’s websites and may be given the opportunity to assist with media events, social media and general public relations activities.
- Recent graduates of a science-writing or journalism program or recent undergraduates with a degree in English, journalism, communications or science.
- Training in journalism – optimal
- 0-2 years of published writing experience
- Evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Online application. Application cannot be edited once submitted, please have all materials ready at time of applying.
- Three writing samples, published or unpublished
- Cover letter
- Online application
- Exit survey
Program Dates (3 terms)
Application is Closed
Fill out the online application, and be prepared to present any other application requirements.