The Helen Edwards Summer Internship program is a 10-week opportunity for students majoring in physics and engineering at universities in Europe. Interns work with Fermilab scientists and engineers at the frontier of scientific research in physics and particle accelerator technology.
- Current accredited European university/college enrollment and completion of at least one full year at the time of application
- Minimum 4.0 GPA on a 5 point scale
- At least 18 years of age
- Conversational and written English fluency
- Proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States
- Proof of medical insurance while at Fermilab
- Online application
- Unofficial transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application Period: November 1-January 7, 2019
- Program Dates: June 24-August 30, 2019
- Acceptance Date: February 2019
- Salary: $500.00 per week
- Housing: Lodging is arranged and paid for by host laboratory.
- Oral presentation