The Helen Edwards Summer Internship program is a 10-week opportunity for students majoring in physics and engineering at universities in Europe. Interns work with Fermilab scientists and engineers at the frontier of scientific research in physics and particle accelerator technology.
- Current accredited European university/college enrollment and completion of at least one full year at the time of application
- Minimum 4.0 GPA on a 5 point scale
- At least 18 years of age
- Conversational and written English fluency
- Evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Non-US citizens will usually require a visa to be eligible to work. Once accepted to the program, Fermilab’s Visa Office will assist with obtaining the appropriate United States visa.
- Proof of medical insurance while at Fermilab
Before you apply, please have all your requirements ready. Once you submit the application you will no longer have access and will not be able to upload any missing requirements.
- Online application
- Unofficial transcript
- Two letters of recommendation – please provide at least 2 references you may provide more if you wish.
- (Once you submit your application you will receive an email request to provide reference contact information. Once you provide the info we will email a link to your reference to upload the letter of recommendation)
- Describe your motivation for applying to the program.
- Discuss any prior research you may have as projects or labs.
- Discuss your research interests.
- Application Period: Nov 10, 2022 – Jan 24, 2023
- Program Dates: June 26 – September 1, 2023
- Acceptance Date: March 13, 2023
- Salary: $16.20 per hour
- Housing: Lodging arranged and paid for by Fermilab
- Transportation: Arranged and paid for by Fermilab
- Airfare: Fermilab does not pay for airfare
- Oral presentation
June 26 – September 1, 2023
Nov 10, 2022 – Jan 24, 2023
March 13, 2023
Application is Closed
To be considered for the internship you must upload all Requirements under the Resume section before you submit the application.
Chrome (preferred browser)