The Lee Teng Undergraduate Internship in Accelerator Science and Engineering has been established by the Illinois Accelerator Institute to attract undergraduate students into the exciting and challenging world of particle accelerator physics and technology. A limited number of highly qualified students will be selected into this program. Successful candidates will attend the Summer Session of the U.S. Particle Accelerator School (USPAS). All interns will take the Fundamentals of Accelerator Physics and Technology with Simulations and Measurements Lab for which 3 units of undergraduate credit is available. For the remainder of the summer, interns will work closely with a mentor and a project at either Argonne National Laboratory or Fermilab.
For more information, visit https://www.illinoisacceleratorinstitute.org/ .
- Junior academic standing at the time of application; outstanding sophomores may be considered
- U.S. citizen or foreign national* enrolled full-time at a U.S. university
*Applicant is fully responsible for completing all visa formalities prior to the start of the program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by program start date
- Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Proof of medical insurance for the duration of the internship
- Online application
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcript
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Application Period: November 1, 2019-January 3, 2020
- Program Dates: June 1-August 7, 2020
* Alternate dates may be considered for students on the quarter system.
- Acceptance Date: Week of February 17, 2020
- Salary: $540.00 per week – U.S. citizens / $500.00 per week – non-U.S. citizens
- Housing: Housing arranged and paid for by host laboratory.
- Transportation: Paid round-trip airfare, or mileage reimbursement if permanent address is more than 50 miles from host laboratory
- Oral presentation
- Written research project report
- Poster presentation
June 1-August 7, 2020
*Alternate dates may be considered for students on the quarter system.
November 1, 2019-January 3, 2020
Week of February 17, 2020
Ready to apply?
Fill out the online application, and be prepared to present any other application requirements.
Chrome (preferred browser)