The Lee Teng Undergraduate Internship in Accelerator Science and Engineering is a joint 10-week program between Argonne National Laboratory and Fermilab, established by the Illinois Accelerator Institute to attract undergraduate students into the exciting and challenging world of particle accelerator physics and technology. A limited number of highly qualified students will be selected into this program. Successful candidates will attend the Summer Session of the U.S. Particle Accelerator School (USPAS). All interns will take the Fundamentals of Accelerator Physics and Technology with Simulations and Measurements Lab for which 3 units of undergraduate credit is available. For the remainder of the summer, interns will work closely with a mentor and a project at either Argonne National Laboratory or Fermilab.
For more information, visit https://www.illinoisacceleratorinstitute.org/ .
- Junior academic standing at the time of application; outstanding sophomores may be considered
- U.S. citizen or foreign national* enrolled full-time at a U.S. university
*Applicant is fully responsible for completing all visa formalities prior to the start of the program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by program start date
- Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Proof of medical insurance for the duration of the internship
>>Interested candidates should submit their application package via Academic Jobs Online https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/23889
- Online application.
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcript
- Two Letters of recommendation (Due date is application close date).
- Please describe your current academic/research interests.
- Please describe your interest in accelerator science and technology
- Application Period: November 30, 2023 – January 20, 2023
- Program Dates: May 27, 2024 – August 2, 2024
* Alternate dates may be considered for students on the quarter system.
- Offer Date: March 22, 2024
- Acceptance Date: March 29, 2024
- Salary: $16.20 per hour
- Housing: Housing arranged and paid for by host laboratory.
- Transportation: Paid round-trip airfare, or mileage reimbursement if address is more than 50 miles from host laboratory.
- Oral presentation
- Written research project report
- Poster presentation
November 30, 2023 – January 20, 2023
March 22, 2024
March 29, 2024
May 27, 2024 – August 2, 2024
Application is Closed
Fill out the online application, and be prepared to present any other application requirements.
Chrome (preferred browser)